Closeups of wild trout from Montana and Yellowstone National Park
Learn about fly fishing on Montana's Blue Ribbon rivers and streams.
- Southwest RiversSome of the world's most famous rivers are found in Southwest Montana including the Madison, Bighorn, Yellowstone, Bighole, Beaverhead, Gallatin and Jefferson
- Central RiversCentral Montana is best known for the Missouri River tailwater and Smith River Canyon but many other lesser known gems are also found here
- Western RiversThe rivers in the Missoula region include favorites such as the Clark Fork, Bitterroot, Rock Creek and the Blackfoot
- Northwest RiversNorthwestern Montana is home to the Kootenai tailwater and several great back country rivers including the headwaters of the Flathead River system
Explore the fishing opportunities on Montana's lakes and ponds.
- Southwest LakesMontana's best gulper fishing over the calibaetis hatch can be found on lakes such as Hebgen and Ennis in Southwest Montana
- Central LakesSome of Montana's largest lakes such as Canyon Ferry are found in Central Montana and are home to some large trout along with warmwater species
- Western LakesWestern Montana is home to some great stillwater fishing including Georgetown Lake
- Northwest LakesNorthwest Montana is home to some huge lakes such as Flathead Lake and Hungryhorse Reservoir
- National Parks
Explore and fly fish the legendary waters of Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.
- Yellowstone NPYellowstone National Park is home to some of the West's most hallowed fly fishing waters such as the Lamar, Yellowstone, Gardiner, Firehole, Madison and Slough Creek to name a few
- Glacier NPGlacier National Park is not as famous as Yellowstone for trout fisheries but it does have some special backcountry gems
Plan for your Montana fishing trip. Find out when to come, what equipment to bring, browse blog articles, and more
- Fishing SeasonsMontana fishing changes by the season. Research how conditions change based on time of year
- WeatherWeather in the Rockies in famous for its fickle nature
- Equipment guideFind out what rods, reels and line setups are appropriate for Montana waters
- Travel InfoInformation related to Montana's primary towns as gateways to great fishing
- Fishing licensesInformation on rates for Montana fishing licenses as well as Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks
- ArticlesArticles and book reviews related to fly fishing in Montana and surrounding National Parks
- About UsAbout Montana Angler, site sponsor for glaciertoyellowstone.com